Pinata – Sorting Hat – Break Open 35 x 42cm
If you’re looking for a fun activity for your Harry Potter themed party whether it’s for your little wizard, a friend or even for yourself, then look no further than this Sorting Hat Pinata!
Kids will love taking it in turns to swing at it and to break it open, causing the treats to fall at their feet. Pinatas also makes a great decoration, just pop it on the table before use and when it’s time to start this fun activity, just find yourself the perfect place to hang it up and get the blindfolder ready.
This brown sorting hat is made of cardboard and is covered in brown tissue paper, with fringed tissue paper on the base. A hanging loop on top allows you to thread a length of the golden ribbon you receive with the hat to hang wherever you choose. Simply cut a hole in the side (a sticker shows you where) and fill with sweets, party favours or confetti for a spectacle that will delight children!
Approx. measurements 35 x 42cm
You will need string or rope to hang the pinata from its loop, a sharp knife to cut the hole, and something to fill it with – confetti, small toys or sweets, or a mixture. You will also need a blindfold and a pinata stick.
Hang from a door frame, from a strong hook in the ceiling, or out on a tree branch if it’s a sunny day. But remember to fill it first! Make sure you allow enough space around the pinata for excited stick swinging (picture a bunch of hyped-up 6-year-olds high on sugar) and if you’re using the pinata indoors move any breakables out of the way – this includes your flat screen TV!
To play the pinata game:
1. Line up the children from smallest to tallest, with the smallest at the front (or let the birthday child go first). Make sure everyone is standing at a safe distance.
2. Bring forward the first child and blindfold them (this step is unnecessary if the child is very young or would not enjoy it).
3. Gently spin them around 3 times, then put the stick in their hands.
4. Let them have at it! The other children can shout out with helpful directions, or with misdirection if they’re feeling sneaky!
5. When their turn is over let them remove the blindfold and scoop up any treasure!
6. Then on to the next child.
7. Allow each child to have a few attempts hitting the pinata (this may be different for each child depending on how successful they are!)
8. Have extra sweets or party favours on hand to make sure everyone gets something.
Don’t forget to check out our range of partyware and decorations for a truly memorable event!
Check out the other items in our Harry Potter range for a co-ordinated party food display! We have a wide range of disposable tableware so you can get your buffet table all kitted out without the stack of washing-up at the end, as well as decorative items that will transform your home into Hogwarts!